Saturday, April 14, 2012

Escargot Macaroni

Thanks for stopping by!  This is a place where I share with you my passion for good food and all things food related.

Admittedly, I wasn't much of a cook and even now I'm still by no means a good cook (nor am I a good writer), but I'm learning.  Cooking was a bit intimidating to begin with, but after a few trials and thankfully I managed not to burn down my newly remodeled kitchen, I finally started to enjoy the process.  Good food brings people together and when the food I make brings a big smile to the faces of people I love, that alone is worth all the hard work.

I've not only learned to follow recipes, but also to tweak them a little based on preference or the ingredients I have at home.  I hope one day I'll be able to make a lot of things from scratch and write my own recipes.  In this blog, you will find a complication of the recipes that were tried and tested by me - thanks to Mr. Bear for being the guinea pig as I embark on those little culinary adventures.

Today let's start with something simple! The Escargot Macaroni was what Mr. Bear and I had for dinner tonight.  It's one of the two free pasta recipes I picked up from a local gourmet supermarket last weekend.  They both look pretty easy to make so I thought I'd give them a try.  I have also tried the other crab meat pasta the other night and I will blog about that later in a separate post.

Have fun cooking!


Adapted from City'super's recipe

Serves 4
Difficulty: Low

Ingredients:
80 grams gruyere cheese
40 grams unsalted butter
24 pieces escargots (canned)
2 tablespoons pommery mustard
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
2 pieces lemon
4 cups macaroni
2 pieces egg yolk
1 packet Italian basil (I will find out exactly how much is one packet)
Sea salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil

Method:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add cheese, 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, pommery mustard and a dash of salt.
2. Cook the macaroni in heavily salted water for about 6 mins just shy of al dente.
3. In the meantime, heat the cooking pan under high heat with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and butter, saute onion and escargots until the onion turns brown.
4. Add cooked macaroni and garlic to the pan, lower the heat to medium high and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Add lemon juice into cooking pan and mix well.
6. Finally, add egg yolk and fresh basil to the mixing bowl. Add all ingredients from pan into mixing bowl. Mix well and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy yummy indeed! Mr. Bear is definitely the biggest beneficiary of Mrs. Bear's new found passion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...